Supreme Court Law Library
ATTORNEY-ASSISTANT (REFERENCE ATTORNEY)
The New Mexico Supreme Court Law Library is recruiting for a full-time Reference Attorney (Attorney-Assistant – U). Come work in beautiful historic Santa Fe! For more information about the position and to apply visit https://www.nmcourts.gov/careers/ To learn about our Law Library and take a virtual tour visit https://lawlibrary.nmcourts.gov/library-information/
The successful candidate will be a person of high ethical standards, with strong legal research and writing skills, who will bring a service-first orientation to the New Mexico Supreme Court Law Library. Under general direction and review of the Law Librarian, perform legal research and analysis, which may include written work product, upon request of judges and court staff throughout New Mexico, as well as provide legal advice and make recommendations to the Court or Judicial Entity. Provide administrative assistance, customer service, technical support and training to the public and judicial patrons of the Supreme Court Law Library. Respond to correspondence, emails, telephone calls, and in-person information requests from pro se litigants, inmates, attorneys, judges, court staff, government employees, and members of the public. Prepare materials and make presentations for library tours, training, and outreach.
LexisNexis Digital Library
The Supreme Court Law Library’s subscription to the LexisNexis Digital Library provides access to an expansive collection of LexisNexis law eBooks you can access from anywhere. It is easy to use and available to you now. (Note: Users must be a Supreme Court Library card holder in good standings prior to receiving access.)
- After registering, you can access the Law Library’s LexisNexis Digital Library at https://lexisdl.com/welcome/login/nmcourts
- The LexisNexis Digital Library platform, powered by OverDrive, gives you anytime access to law eBooks, expert treatises and other content. Interactive eBooks help you research more efficiently by offering full-text search capability, shareable notes and highlights.
- You have 24/7 remote access to this collection from anywhere via the internet.
- You can highlight, annotate, and bookmark the text, and the notes you take are always available to you!
- For convenient reading offline, be sure to download the LexisNexis Digital Library app from either the Google Play™ store or Apple® Store.
Registration is easy! To request access to the Digital Library, contact the Law Library staff via phone at 505-827-4850, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or walk-in during regular business hours Monday-Friday 8-12 and 1-5. You can also fill out the Registration Form and email it to the law library at the address above.